Wednesday 9 May 2018


What is happening to our local social care?

I know I have mentioned this before but once a week I venture into our brave new world to meet up with my friend Sidney.

Sidney, not his real name, suffers from a mental health issue and I have been “linked” with him for more than three years through a befriending charity.
A while back I mentioned the fact that he was worried as his community mental health worker (CMHW) was not visiting him as often as he used to.
Now he has been assigned a new CMHW, who I shall call Simon. Well, I say now but it was actually in the autumn of last year.
Both Sidney and I were hopeful that Simon would be a little more reliable with regular visits.
Wrong. He’s been to see Sidney once in nearly six months.
What is going on in our local social services? Answers on a postcard, please.

Did you miss it? Summer? It was on Monday.
It is satisfying to know that someone read my last IDGOM offering, “Where food shopping is an Olympic sport”. You know who you are (hopefully) so thank you – the cheque’s in the post.
Her, for it was a she, take on my ramblings was: "Line the trolley with a giant blue IKEA bag, approach and hurl it all in at the checkout...at least saves the final, post-checkout repack!”
You have been told.

PS – I liked my “Olympic sport” post so much that I used it twice.
It first surfaced in December 2017 and then again last month. I must stop repeating myself. I must stop repeating myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment