Friday 25 May 2018


Choosing our next holiday destination - easy

I thought it was time to join the 21st century and write a bucket list. No “climb a mountain” or “bungee jump” for me – just a list of countries to visit.
They are Latvia, Croatia, Montenegro and Israel. An odd selection, I hear you ask, but there is a sound reason for my choice.
These countries all gave votes to our very own SuRie at last month’s Eurovision Song Contest. France and Italy also gave the UK a few points but we have been there, seen it, done it. I’m off to the travel agents now.

I received an email from my water supply company, Anglian Water, on May 24. Yeah, I know, I should get out more.
It informed me that my message about my water bill, account number 00000000 (which was correct), on May 9 “was deleted without being read on 24 May 2018 11:41:08.” Now you know I am easily confused but I didn’t send them an email on May 9.
Then I looked a little closer and saw the following line: “Sent: 09 May 2017 16:56:20 (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London.” Yep, that’s right. Last year.
Thanks, Anglian Water, for your swift response. Here’s hoping you don’t take as long to repair your leaking pipes.

Among the deluge of GDPR emails this week was one from your and my favourite airline, Ryanair. Included in the body of the email was a link to Ryanair’s new Privacy Policy.
“If you'd like to find out more, take a look at our Privacy Policy” said Ryanair Customer Service. So, I checked the link (which is always a sensible thing to do, boys and girls) and merrily clicked away.
I was met by a virtually blank window saying …. I was forbidden from seeing the Privacy Policy as I did not have permission to access it (see screen shot right).
Another example of the “you couldn’t make it up” customer service from Ryanair.

No comments:

Post a Comment