Monday 8 August 2016

When your normal routine is disrupted

G’day, my reader. It’s been a while. My missives have been sadly (?) lacking for almost a month now and it is all down to one thing – or rather, one person. SWMBO.
Now don’t get me wrong – it’s lovely to have her around all the time. But that doesn’t half cramp one’s style. Or, more to the point, one’s routine.
It was oh so simple in the old days i.e. before SWMBO finished school four weeks ago.
After mumbling a sleepy goodbye as bright and breezy Mrs A went off to face her class, I was always faced with a difficult choice. Turn over and have another 40 winks or get up and welcome in the new day with a quick round of Tiger Woods Golf on the iPad (other tablets are available).
Decisions, decisions.
That particular avenue of pleasure has now been closed.
I now have to get up when I awake and pretend to be bright and breezy BEFORE the two ‘ines (nicotine and caffeine) have kicked in.
My routine has been upset to such an extent that I even forgot to make my Silverline call a couple of weeks ago.
Fortunately my Silverline friend, a lovely (well, she is over the phone) elderly woman from Kent, understood.
I can report that normal Silverline service resumed last week. But I think, secretly, she was pleased I hadn’t interrupted her for once while she was watching Judge Rinder on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment