Thursday 25 June 2015

Oh dear, I got the deer wrong, dear

I’m starting a new Corrections and Clarifications section on IDGOM following an email I received from my correspondent, RJJ.
RJJ, a world-renowned expert on most things, contacted me to say there was an error in my piece on June 17 (The self-importance of being an admin type).
I said that the deer I spotted by the hedge at Casa Almondo was a roebuck.
It, RJJ, pointed out quite correctly, was a muntjac. Ever helpful, he even sent me the photograph (right) to show what a muntjac looks like. I have to say it does bear an uncanny resemblance to the beast of Suffolk I saw in the garden.
I’d like to thank RJJ for pointing this out. Despite making a living for more than 35 years as a journo, I have never deliberately set out to confuse or mislead my reader. Well, maybe once or twice.
Just to reassure RJJ that I have learnt my lesson, here (below) is another photo of a muntjac (ED: is that correct?).
Now on to more interesting matters. Have you heard the one about the student who bit his lover on her bottom while they were having sex and then ended up with a criminal conviction for assault after she complained to police?
Apparently the 24-year old and his 20-year old on-off girlfriend ended up in bed together after exchanging “flirty texts” on Valentine’s Day.
But the man, who was drunk, ‘went too far’ and became rough, biting her on the neck. Who said romance was dead?
A court heard she then got up and started crying, before he hugged her and persuaded her to come back to bed.
But once under the covers he bit her on the bottom and thigh, leaving a large bruise. At 4.30am, she called a cab home and contacted police.
The woman said: ‘I trusted someone I should not have trusted.”
And she also got back into bed with someone who had clearly demonstrated the nuts and bolts of his love-making. Why on earth didn’t she make her excuses and leave?
I’m old enough to remember when rough sex meant twanging your girlfriend’s bra.
How times have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment