Monday 22 June 2015

BT’s muppetry continues to perplex & annoy

ONNO. OMG. WTF, BT? CSL. LMAO. GTG.
BT update, number 27b. Those muppets are beginning to make Gonzo look like Einstein. As my younger relatives would say – WTF, BT?
You (yes, I mean you) may have read my May 30 tirade about BT telling me that June 15 was the earliest they could send an engineer to move the phone line from one room to another across the corridor at Mil’s residential case home.
Not one to make a fuss, I reluctantly accepted this as we had made arrangements for the phone to stay in the “old” room while it was redecorated and refitted for a new resident.
While it stayed plugged in there, Mil could use her second handset in her room across the corridor, so communication with the outside world was still possible.
Well, dawn broke on June 15 and I was hopeful (honestly) that all would be OK by the end of the day.
Boy, am I deluded or what. Needless to say, things did not go smoothly.
They got the first part of the day’s proceedings correct – disconnect the line in the “old” room.
Unfortunately, that was it. No reconnection in the “new” room. If you called the number, you got a ringing tone. But that’s as good as it got – the phone in the room did not ring and when you picked up Mil’s phone to try and call out, there was no dialling tone.
The words “chocolate” and “fireguard”, in no particular order, come to mind.
As you can imagine, the buck-passing continued, and indeed continues as I write.
More work was needed but “we can’t let you know when this will be done”. How helpful is that.
Then it was “the line will definitely be activated between 8am and 1pm on Monday, June 22”. The word GUARANTEE was even used.
Without meaning to sound too much like a pantomime character, all I can is: “Oh no it wasn’t”.
I got a call at 1.05pm today, June 22. Excitedly, perhaps nervously, I answered the phone and heard the magic (tragic?) words “It’s ********* from BT here” (I’ve hidden his name to save him further embarrassment).
“Is it working,” I asked. “No” he said. “But I see from the report that it will be on June 24 – Wednesday”.
So that’s alright then.
I have already written my official letter of complaint and edited my complete record of the various telephone calls I’ve made over the past five weeks (totalling more than four hours so far). I knew being an old hack would come in REALLY useful one day.
The letter is dated Thursday, June 25. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment