Tuesday 19 April 2022

The heroes of the East Anglian Air Ambulance service

Driving in to town to see Sidney my usual route was blocked by what appeared to be a serious accident.
As I did a u-turn, in my car I should add, I couldn’t help but notice an air ambulance landing in the field near the scene of the crash. My heart skipped a beat as there was clearly someone in real trouble.
It costs some £15million a year to run the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA). And did you know that so far this year (at the date of writing this) the charity has completed more than 700 missions?
We had an incident in our village a few years back. I realised there was an issue was when I heard the sound of a helicopter getting louder and louder. I went into our front garden and saw this yellow beast trying to land on our grass!
The pilot, however, reviewed the situation and decided the one acre plot at our neighbours was a safer option!
The medics rushed through our gardens to the scene of the incident a few hundred metres away. Sadly it turned out to be a fatality.
But it brought home the service that the EAAA provides every single day

No comments:

Post a Comment