Friday 14 February 2020

Come on, you tech giants, talk to each other
I had to replace my iPad last month (other non-Apple tablets are available) after my model 2 finally gave up the ghost. I say had to but that’s not strictly true. I wanted to.
I discovered a great family-run IT shop in a nearby town a few years ago and made the purchase there.
I have nothing against the massive national outlets but you can’t beat a local, small business for customer service.
The new pad is great – but I do have one small gripe.
All the power leads, cases, screen protectors etc. from my “old” iPad, accumulated over several years, are now redundant and I had to replace every item. At no small cost.
However, it’s not the cost that really riles me – it’s the waste of resources. It seems every “upgrade” on tech gear has small changes that need new add-ons.
And every manufacturer appears to have its own systems.
Please standardise these items. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment