Friday 14 October 2016

I'm suffering from information overload on social media

Sorry you haven’t been able to enjoy my irregular rant but we’ve been away.
I would have liked to have informed you all before we went to sunny Norfolk for a week but, as a bit of an old fashioned fellow, I didn’t really want a bunch of reprobates to know our house was empty. Sorry, but that is just the way I am.
I know this is strange in this “tell ‘em everything” age but people do go a little too far with their “news” on social media.
On display in the servants quarters at Felbrigg Hall, Norfolk.
Maybe it’s just me but I’m not really that interested in what Samantha just had for lunch.
Or in seeing a photo of the flower bed that Christopher has just spent the morning digging.
And I’m certainly not interested in Tom’s latest hilarious “movie” of his cat looking at a mat. Cute for you, maybe, but dreadfully boring for the rest us. Honestly, Tom - get a grip.
But the biggest social media crime to my mind is letting all your “friends” know that you are at Heathrow Airport with wife and children in tow, waiting to board your flight for a two-week trip to Florida.
Right, better let my mate, just released from prison after serving two years for burglary, have your address. Guess you won’t be in on Monday? But he will be.
Have a good holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment