Monday 22 February 2016

Fingers on the button, it’s the Donald and Boris show
Our next Prime Minister? Erm, I'm alright, thanks.
I love Boris. After all, he’s a friendly, charming, intellectual and erudite man.
Notice I only say Boris – but I bet you know exactly who I mean.
For Mr Johnson must be the only politician in the UK known to most of us by his Christian name alone.
He’s certainly a character and was, in my opinion, the best host of Have I Got News For You after the BBC sacked Angus Deayton.
Political pundits say Boris is a virtual shoe-in to take over from DC when the latter calls it a day.
Our Prime Minister? No way, Jose.
How on earth can the UK be taken seriously ever again on the world-stage with Bozzo at the helm?
He may be ultra popular, being one of the few politicos who does not have the marmite factor, but he cannot seriously be considered to lead this great nation.
Hang on, though. I have just had a terrible thought. In the not too distant future we could have Donald Trump as President of the United States and Boris as Prime Minister of the UK.
That just doesn’t bear thinking about. Be afraid – be very afraid.
Mind you, their Spitting Image puppets would be a sight to behold.
Finally, I’ll leave you with my thought for the day:.
I never mince my words, which makes it tough when I have to eat them later.

1 comment:

  1. Despite the Boris/Trump mistaken identity at least Boris knows knows what goes on outside his own country. Having just read Boris' (did I use the ' correctly?) recent Facebook post he had laid out a simple case for leaving the EU, when is DC going to do something similar for staying? Maybe we should liken DC to Trump, at least Boris knows the difference between the EU and Europe.

    https://www.facebook.com/borisjohnson/posts/10153498932666317

    ReplyDelete