Friday 29 January 2016

I get shirty on a visit to town
SWMBO suggested I get some new polo shirts. At first I protested. After all, I’d bought some in 1998 and, despite them shrinking a bit in the wash, they were still perfectly serviceable. 
Then, when in town this week meeting my friend (yep, I do have one) I popped into a leading gent’s outfitter (or Sports Direct as its known locally) to suss out the latest fashions. Then onto M&S for the cutting edge of what’s in.
And finally to good old EWM (if you don’t know what that is, you are too young to be reading this blog).
And that’s where I struck sartorial gold. Two shiny new golf polos for under £40. Should I bump into you on the 18th green one sunny afternoon, please bear in mind that the Hippo slogan on the front is the brand and not the size. Thank you.


I get many, many “funnies” from friends, acquaintances and family members via a range of communication streams – Facebook, email, Twatter etc. I use the term “funnies” loosely as humour is all in the eye of the beholder.But I have to share the following with you – it raised a snigger. Thanks, Alf, for sharing it with me.

I thought you would want to know about this e-mail virus. Even the most advanced programs from Norton or McAfee cannot take care of this one. It appears to affect those who were born prior to 1955.
Symptoms:
1. Causes you to send the same e-mail twice.  Done that.
2. Causes you to send a blank e-mail. That too.
3. Causes you to send e-mail to the wrong person. Yep.
4. Causes you to send it back to the person who sent it to you.  Aha.
5. Causes you to forget to attach the attachment.  Well darn.
6. Causes you to hit "SEND" before you've finished.  Oh, no not again.
7. Causes you to hit "DELETE" instead of "SEND."  And I just hate that.
8. Causes you to hit "SEND" when you should "DELETE." Oh No.
IT'S CALLED THE "C-NILE VIRUS..
Have I already sent this to you.
Or did you send it to me?

2 comments:


  1. I found your civil partnership blog more interesting! From 90 years old West
    Suffolk Gent who hasn't been out mucch this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete