Wednesday 28 January 2015

Opinionated - moi?

I was quite happy ambling along through my autumn years, delighted to be playing Angry Birds Go! and Tiger Woods Golf on the old iPad every day, shopping and cleaning every week and doing a fair amount of voluntary work as and when needed.
Oh, yes - and teaching the Silver Surfers of my part of sunny Suffolk how to use their laptops, tablets and smart phones.
Plus playing a bit of golf (or going for a long walk through the trees, in my case) and watching the footie on the TV.
Then I had the good fortune (?) of having a chat with my former colleague and business partner Shelia Rawknees - I have changed her name to protect her identity.
She said: "You should do a blog, Mike" - apparently I write reasonably well and can often get all the words down and out in the right order. Time will tell.
I mentioned my conversation with Sheila to my brother-in-law and he, as usual, gave it to me straight.
"You REALLY don't get out much," he said, "but you do tend to have an opinion on most things - and appear quite happy to share them whether they are welcome or not."
Well, that was the proverbial boot up the sitting part of my anatomy that I needed.
I don't have a clue what I will write about. But hopefully I will be able to select some interesting topics. Although I should point out that they'll be of interest to ME.
If you find them interesting as well, that's a Brucie bonus.
But please, please remember - I don't get out much.

No comments:

Post a Comment