Monday 5 August 2019


Left dazed and confused by a bank - again
I am confused. Nothing new there, my family and friend would say. The reason for this latest setback is Barclays. It, along with other high street banks, has spent years persuading its customers to ditch paper statements through the post and switch to electronic, online monthly missives.
I was quite happy about this – until last month when we had to send a bank statement as a form of verification.
I printed off a statement from online and sent it off with the other requested paperwork. In response Barclays said it was not acceptable and we needed an “original” statement.
Our main bank was happy to supply this on request but it did leave me wondering about some forms of “modern” technology and how it is implemented.

No comments:

Post a Comment